Museum logo
Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Collection HCHS Fulper/Stangl Collection
Catalog Number 2016.196.009
Object Name Bowl, Decorative
Description Model Number 37 Fulper Pottery Company low pear shaped bowl. The glaze is green flambe and the bowl is marked "Fulper" in ink on the bottom.

Fulper Pottery Company was incorporated in 1899 in Flemington, New Jersey. It made art pottery from 1909 to 1929. Fulper Pottery introduced the first line of solid-color dinnerware in 1920. The firm had been making bottles, jugs, and housewares from 1805. The firm became Stangl Pottery in 1929.

Subjects Bowls (Tableware)
Decorations
Pottery
Pottery industry
Search Terms Fulper Pottery Company
Flemington, NJ